11.17.2010

The results are in!

As an early Christmas present, Nathanael encouraged me to go get it done now (albeit a month prior to Christmas) so that way I could get some enjoyment out of it during the holiday season. I didn't think twice. This was something I've always wanted to do, so I booked my appointment!
I decided to wash my hair the night before, and let it air dry so my hairdresser could see what she's working with here. So this is pretty much my hair left to air dry. It has been combed but as you can see, it is pretty wild and unruly and the longer it gets, the more knots there are.
Don't get me wrong, I've always liked the texture in my hair, I like having the wave and volume but it dosent always look nice curled with products, so yeah.

3 hours later, this is the result, Magnifique! I honestly don't like my hair this pin straight because it looks weird with my face and being right up against my head. Not attractive on me.

This is me and the very beautiful and talented hairdresser, Choua. We pretty much bonded over our mutual obsession with Youtube personalities like the Shaytards and Michelle Phan. This gal is very talented and she does an amazing job at coloring too. Choua did my high and low lights less than a month ago and I've been very happy with her service. She's a sweet gal too.

Oh, and my worries that it would affect my hair color...in actuality, it improved it! When they put the clarifying shampoo in your hair, it cleaned out all my brassiness and redness from previous hair dye jobs. I'm quite delighted about that!

After 3 pain-stakingly days without even tucking my hair behind my ears (I stayed indoors the entire 3 days) I finally got to wash my hair. I didn't really notice any texture difference while shampooing but when I rinsed the conditioner out, it felt very manageable and soft.
Now to the best part of all! Blow drying my hair was like a dream come true. It literally took less than 5 minutes to blowdry. I didn't use any other product in my hair other than the shampoo and conditioner, and I didn't even need to use a curling iron to smooth it or a straightening iron to straighten it. This was the literal results! These last pics were taken minutes after I was done. Look at that shine!!! My hair has never looked so shiny!


Side view. I like how it isn't flat against my head, I had some body to it, yay!

I wish I had a better back view of it but the pic was too blurry to use. Sorry, I'm kinda picky on photos like that.
Hope this helps anyone out there curious of giving it a go. I would recommend it!

No comments: